Are you looking for info about Islamic schools in Melbourne? Check out the article below for detailed information about Top Islamic Schools in Melbourne and what they offer.
All parents aim to offer their kids the best education, and the Islamic mission is recognized for providing excellent moral and academic foundations in elementary, middle, and high school.
The Islamic mission in Melbourne has been promoting morality, ethics, and education for years, fostering positive character traits in kids.
If you are a parent hoping to foster greatness in your kids by getting them enrolled in an Islamic School, read on to find out more.
19 Top Islamic Schools in Melbourne
- King Khalid Islamic College of Victoria
- Islamic College Of Melbourne
- East Preston Islamic College
- Al-Taqwa College
- Ilim College
- Al Siraat College
- Islamic Weekend School
- ICMG Saturday Turkish School
- Tayyiba Institute
- Darul Ulum College of Victoria
- Melbourne Muslim Seminary
- Madrasah Al Muhajirin
- Panjtan School
- Dar Nafisa Academy Incorporated
- Al-Hadi School Victoria
- ISRA Melbourne
- Sidrah Gardens School
- Mount Hira College
- Minaret College
King Khalid Islamic College of Victoria Melbourne
The Australian International Academy, formerly known as King Khalid Islamic College of Victoria in Melbourne, holds the distinction of being Australia’s first Islamic school, originating in 1983.
Initially established with primary campus buildings in Coburg, Melbourne, through a donation from the late King Khalid of Saudi Arabia, it has since expanded to include a secondary campus in North Coburg (1995) and a Caroline Springs campus (2014).
The curriculum emphasizes a balance between secular and Islamic education, fostering a sense of pride in students’ Islamic identity while being Australian.
The academy, offering a diverse range of subjects in English, includes Arabic language and religious studies at all levels.
It strives to create a nurturing educational and Islamic environment, welcoming students from various backgrounds while adhering to minimum requirements for admission.
- Visit the Website: https://www.aia.vic.edu.au/kkcc/
- Phone: +61 03 9350 4533
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 56 Bakers Road, North Coburg, 3058 Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Islamic College Of Melbourne
The Islamic College of Melbourne, as a distinguished private co-educational institution, is dedicated to providing an enriching curriculum and supportive atmosphere, ensuring daily success for its students.
Prioritizing scholastic development, personal growth, and ethical enrichment, the college aims to foster independent, confident, and compassionate individuals.
With a vibrant community comprising over 1700 students from Foundation to Year 12, supported by a team of 205 exceptional staff members, the college embraces diversity, representing over 40 different cultures.
Aligned with the highest educational standards of Victoria and Australia, the Islamic College of Melbourne offers excellence in education.
- Visit the Website: https://www.icom.vic.edu.au/
- Phone: (03) 8742 1739
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 83 Wootten Road Tarneit, VICTORIA 3029 Australia.
East Preston Islamic College
East Preston Islamic College, a not-for-profit institution in Melbourne’s northern suburb, is an independent co-educational school dedicated to fostering excellence in academic performance and the embrace of Islamic values.
Catering to students from Kindergarten to Year 12, the college empowers learners to achieve success.
In a nurturing Islamic environment, students are equipped with skills to lead, utilizing their voices for positive change, inspired by values imparted by Prophet Muhammad (s).
The curriculum aims to instill a lifelong love for learning and a commitment to excellence in education and life.
Acknowledging the joint responsibility in fostering each child’s growth, the college welcomes the active participation of parents and guardians in school life.
- Visit the Website: http://www.epic.vic.edu.au/
- Phone: +61 03 9478 3323
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 55 Tyler St, Preston VIC 3072, Australia
Al-Taqwa College, established in 1986 and located in Truganina, Victoria, is a P-12/VCE Islamic educational institute committed to delivering high-quality education.
As the largest Islamic college in the state, its focus lies in balancing the Australian curriculum with Islamic studies.
The college’s vision is to cultivate reflective, self-directed learners equipped with problem-solving skills and critical thinking abilities.
Recognizing the individuality of each student, Al-Taqwa emphasizes curriculum diversity, flexible teaching strategies, and student-centered processes.
- Visit the Website: http://www.al-taqwa.vic.edu.au/
- Phone: +61 3 9269 5000
- Address: 201 Sayers Road, Truganina VIC 3029, Australia.
Ilim College, established in 1995, is dedicated to academic excellence and Islamic values, shaping an environment that encourages students to explore their unique skills and abilities.
With a diverse community of over 2,500 students across Victoria, the college values each student’s journey, emphasizing an enriching experience from the moment they join the Ilim family.
The institution’s strength lies in its committed team of leadership, teachers, staff, and a student community representing over 40 cultural groups.
Committed to positive development and fulfillment, the college aims to provide an environment aligned with Islamic principles, promoting both educational achievement and personal growth. The Ilim College family welcomes all to join this enriching community.
- Visit the Website: https://www.ilimcollege.vic.edu.au
- Phone: (03) 9302 3770
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Dallas Primary, 30 Inverloch Crescent, Dallas VIC 3047
Al Siraat College
Al Siraat College, established in 2009, is a co-educational school catering to students from Foundation to Year 12 within the Islamic faith.
Situated in Epping, it serves the needs of the expanding Islamic community in Melbourne’s northern suburbs.
As an Australian School in the Islamic Tradition, Al Siraat College is committed to integrating Islamic traditions and ethos across all aspects of the institution.
Emphasizing Islamic education, the college welcomes students from diverse cultural backgrounds, fostering a profound love and devotion to the religion of Islam.
- Visit the Website: https://www.alsiraat.vic.edu.au/
- Phone: +61 3 9407 7000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Al Siraat College, 45 Harvest Home Road, Victoria 3076 Australia.
Islamic Weekend School
Established in September 2003 by concerned parents who immigrated to Australia, the Islamic Weekend School prioritizes the development of concepts, disciplines, and principles related to each child’s unique Islamic identity.
The program aims to instill essential Islamic education to equip children to face future challenges as Muslims, with a focus on raising Islamic standards for Muslim youth at home, in school, in the environment, and in the community.
The goal is to prepare Muslim youth to make intelligent choices guided by the Holy Qur’an and the example of Prophet Muhammad (SAW).
- Visit the Website: http://iwsmelbourne.org.au/
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 66-68 Jeffcott Street Melbourne Victoria 3000
ICMG Saturday Turkish School
ICMG Turkish School, a non-profit organization, is dedicated to imparting knowledge of the Turkish language and cultural heritage to children in Australia.
Affiliated with the educational services provided by the Islamic Community Milli Gorus, the school offers high-quality education to the Turkish community in and around the Victorian suburb of Broadmeadows.
The school adheres to the curriculum set by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority, prioritizing reading as a fundamental learning method.
With qualified educators, engaging activities, and a focus on Turkish Culture and Ethics Studies, ICMG Turkish School creates a productive and enjoyable learning environment for students.
Visit the Website:
- Phone: 0418 246 710
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 30 Inverloch Crescent, Dallas VIC 3047, Australia
Tayyiba Institute Australia, established in 1999 by Islamic Scholars Sahibzada Hafiz Muhammad Abdul Wahid and Shaykh Riaz Ahmad Tahir, is dedicated to delivering high-quality Islamic education.
Aligned with Mercy to the Worlds in Pakpattan, Pakistan, a Welfare Organisation aiding the poor and needy, the institute extends its impact beyond education.
Additionally, Tayyiba Institute offers professional services, including mental health support, assistance with domestic and family issues, and counseling for children and youth.
The institute’s holistic approach reflects its commitment to addressing various aspects of individual well-being.
- Visit the Website: http://www.tayyibainstitute.org/
- Phone: +61 426 783 683
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Tayyiba Institute, 25 Bambra Crescent, Cranbourne West VIC3977
Darul Ulum College of Victoria
Darul Ulum College of Victoria, an Islamic independent school in Melbourne, focuses on fostering academic excellence and spiritual growth.
The school offers a contemporary curriculum, advanced facilities, and technology, alongside various co-curricular activities to inspire each student to reach their full potential.
Darul Ulum College values the active involvement of parents in creating a thriving community where student well-being and success take center stage in all school activities.
- Visit the Website: http://www.dulum.vic.edu.au/
- Phone: +61 3 9355 6800
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 17 Baird Street, PO Box 130, Fawkner Victoria 3060, Australia.
Other Top Islamic Schools in Melbourne
Melbourne Muslim Seminary
- Visit the Website: http://www.mmseminary.com.au/
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 1473 Sydney Rd. Campbellfield 3061 Victoria, Australia.
Madrasah Al Muhajirin
- Visit the Website: https://madrasahalmuhajirin.org/about-us/
- Phone: +61 413 311 367
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 1/38 Zakwell Court, Coolaro. VIC 3048
- Visit the Website: http://panjtanschool.org.au/
- Phone: +61 404 041 786
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 1-39 Parmelia Dr, Taylors Lakes VIC 3038, Australia
Dar Nafisa Academy Incorporated
- Visit the Website: http://darnafisaacademy.org/
- Phone: 0404 761 670
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Waverley Community Learning Centre, 5 Fleet St, Mt Waverley VIC 3149
Al-Hadi School Victoria
- Visit the Website: https://al-hadi.com.au/
- Phone: 0435 315 985
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 102 Hothlyn Dr, Craigieburn Victoria. 3064 (Craigieburn Secondary College)
- Visit the Website: http://www.isra.org.au/
- Phone: 03 9305 2858
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 250 Hume Hwy, Somerton VIC 3062
Sidrah Gardens School
- Visit the Website: http://sidrahgardens.com.au/
- Phone: (03) 9796 9704
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 434-442 Belgrave-Hallam Rd, Narre Warren North VIC.
Mount Hira College
- Visit the Website: https://www.mthira.vic.edu.au/
- Phone: (03) 9709 0100
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Mt Hira College 185 Perry Road KEYSBOROUGH VIC 3173
- Visit the Website: https://www.minaret.vic.edu.au/
- Phone: (+613) 9574 0567
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 36-38 Lewis Street, Springvale, Victoria 3171.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which is the largest Islamic school in Melbourne?
The biggest Islamic school in Melbourne is The Islamic Schools of Victoria, also known as Al-Taqwa College. It is located on Sayers Road in Truganina, a suburb of Melbourne, Australia.
The college was built on a 50-acre site in the western region of Melbourne.
- What is a teacher called in Islamic schools?
In Islamic schools, teachers are often referred to as “mullahs.” The term “mullah” is used to show respect to the teachers who are considered stewards of the Qur’an and Islamic traditions.
The Persian word for the instructor, “Mawlawi,” means “Master,” and the Arabic honorific phrase “sheikh is sheikh” translates as “elder.”
- What are the benefits of Islamic education?
Islamic education provides students with a strong foundation in Islamic traditions, values, and teachings, fostering spiritual growth and character development.
It aims to instill a deep understanding of the Qur’an, ethical values, and a sense of community. Islamic education also encourages critical thinking, moral responsibility, and a well-rounded approach to life.
Melbourne’s Islamic schools play a crucial role in nurturing both the minds and characters of students.
With a commitment to academic excellence, moral values, and cultural richness, these institutions contribute significantly to the educational landscape, empowering students to succeed in both their studies and personal development.